The Cook Islands Government through Infrastructure Cook Islands (ICI) is seeking suitably qualified consultants to provide a proposal for design services relating to the Palmerston Island Cyclone Centre Project.
The Palmerston Island Cyclone Centre Project aims to provide a Cyclone Centre which will strengthen the resilience of the Palmerston Island community to the impacts of natural disasters and climate change. Specific outcomes are;
- Provision of a cyclone centre to enhance the protection of the Island community during a natural disaster
- A Centre for facilitating immediate post-disaster recovery including the provision of space for a medical clinic and emergency communications and planning;
- Provide an appropriate centre to facilitate social and economic recovery after a natural disaster.
- A structurally safe, reliable, durable cyclone centre compliant with appropriate building standards;
- A multi-purpose building that will meet the current and future needs of the Island Community
- A Centre which provides basic water and sanitation facilities
The required scope of services is as detailed below and is to be read in conjunction with the Terms of Reference: Palmerston Island Cyclone Centre Project – Design Services and supporting documents.
- Review the supplied project information and previous reports including concept design information and inputs from key project stakeholders which will be coordinated by ICI.
- Propose minimum design standards to be adopted for the Palmerston Cyclone Centre project. Liaise with ICI and Palmerston Island Government to confirm minimum requirements.
- Finalise Palmerston Cyclone Centre concept design based on provided concept design information and additional inputs from key stakeholders which will be coordinated by ICI. Final approval of the concept design is to be gained from the Project Management Committee (PMC). It is noted that the finalisation of the PCC concept design is to be undertaken with regard to the available physical works funds and is a key project constraint.
- Undertake a cost estimate for the Palmerston Cyclone Centre physical works contract based on the approved concept design and confirmed minimum design standards. ICI will facilitate access to local suppliers, contractors and shipping companies to assist with information required for costing.
- Complete detailed design of the Palmerston Cyclone Centre including foundation design, structural design, architectural detailing, building services, provision of construction drawings including; specified materials, fittings, fixtures etc. and suitable for incorporation into a physical works tender document, construction & material specifications and quality requirements, design report outlining the key aspects of the design with all required calculations and information to support the design and a building consent application. It is noted that the PCC design is to be undertaken with regard to the available physical works funds and is a key project constraint.
- Provision of tender documentation including; Contract documents utilising NZS3910:2013 form of contract, Request for tender documents including evaluation methodology in accordance with the COOK ISLANDS GOVERNMENT Purchase and Sale of Goods and Services Policy (Procurement Policy), Schedule of Quantities (SoQ),
- Updated cost estimate for the Palmerston Cyclone Centre physical works contract based on the detailed design of the contract works.
Please be advised that this Request for Proposal closes 12 noon 16th June 2017, Cook Islands time. Completed proposals are to be submitted to Solomona Solomona, Manager Procurement Services, Infrastructure Cook Islands, email; firstname.lastname@example.org prior to closing.
For further information contact Solomona Solomona, Manager Procurement Services, Infrastructure Cook Islands, email; email@example.com or phone +68 2 20321.
Manager Projects Unit
Infrastructure Cook Islands
Download Quote Documents Below: