OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER
Government Of the Cook Islands
Invitation for Bids
Date: 14 July 2017 (Cook Island Time)
Loan no. and Title: L3193-COO Cook Islands Renewable Energy Sector Project
Contract no. and Title: Aitutaki Renewable Energy System under Cook Islands
Renewable Energy Sector Project (COO46453-002) Phase 2– (Aitutaki)
Deadline for Submission of Bids: 14 September 2017, 12:00 midday (Cook Island Time)
1. The Government of the Cook Islands has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of the Renewable Energy Sector Project. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to bidders from eligible source countries of ADB as described in Section 5 of the Bidding Document. The eligibility rules and procedures of ADB will govern the bidding process.
2. The Renewable Energy Development Division (REDD), Office of the Energy Commissioner, Government of Cook Islands (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the design, construction, installation, integration in the existing power system infrastructure and commission of renewable energy facilities (“the Facilities”) as shown below:
- Solar photovoltaic (PV) plant of name plate capacity 750 kW, to be installed adjacent to existing power station and integrated into the existing high voltage bus of the Aitutatki power station,
- Diesel generator of name plate capacity 240-300 kW, to be installed in the power station, next to existing diesel generation and integrated into the existing diesel low voltage bus,
- Battery energy storage system (BESS) with power conversion system of name plate capacity of 500 kW, and batteries with name plate capacity of 250 kWh, to be installed adjacent to the existing power station and integrated into the existing high voltage bus of the Aitutatki power station,
- Control and Integration system for automatic operation and scheduling of all conventional and renewable generators in the system, to be installed in the power station control room.
All listed works will be carried out under a single responsibility contract and bidders must bid for all 4 parts of the renewable energy facility.
3. International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: One-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from countries as described in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
(i) Minimum average annual turnover of NZ$6M
(ii) Minimum financial resources of NZ$1.0M
(iii) Participation in at least two contracts that have been successfully or substantially completed within the last 3 years and that are similar to the proposed contract, where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds NZ $2.4M
5. To obtain further information and obtain an electronic copy of the bidding documents, eligible bidders should contact:
Attention: Tangi Tereapii
Street Address: Vakatini Road
City: Avarua, Rarotonga
ZIP Code: 0000
Country: Cook Islands
Telephone: 682 29300
Electronic mail address: email@example.com
6. To purchase a (single) hard copy of the bidding documents in English, eligible bidders should:
- Write to the address above requesting the bidding documents for Renewable energy generation and Enablers under Cook Islands Renewable Energy Sector Project (COO46453-002) – Aitutaki Island Renewable System
- Pay a non-refundable fee of 100 New Zealand Dollars by cash or transfer through a bank account.
The Bank account of the Employer:
Name of Bank: Bank of the South Pacific
In favor of: CIG Public Account
Account No.: 0127107401
7. An optional pre-bid meeting will be held at the Office of Prime Minister, Renewable Energy Development Division, on Wednesday,2 August, 2017, at 11:00 am, with an optional site visit the following day.
8. Deliver your bid:
- to the address above
- on or before 14 September 2017, 12:00 midday (Cook Island Time)
- together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend. Late bids will be rejected.