OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER
Government Of the Cook Islands
Invitation for Bids
Date: 9 December 2016 (Cook Island Time)
Loan no. and Title: L3193-COO Cook Islands Renewable Energy Sector Project
Contract no. and Title: CIRESP-004: 161719: Civil Works for Renewable Energy Power Stations on Atiu, Mangaia, Mauke and Mitiaro under Cook Islands Renewable Energy Sector Project (COO46453-002) Phase 1
Deadline for Submission of Bids: 27 January 2017, 12:00 midday (Cook Island Time)
1. The Government of the Cook Islands has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of the Renewable Energy Sector Project. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the contract named above. The eligibility rules and procedures of ADB will govern the bidding process. The Bid is open to all Bidders without nationality restriction.
2.The Renewable Energy Development Division (REDD), Office of the Energy Commissioner, Government of Cook Islands (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for completion of the Civil Works for the renewable energy facilities as shown below:
- perimeter fencing
- foundations and assembly of solar PV arrays frames / racking
at each of the following islands: Mitiaro, Mauke, Mangaia and Atiu.
All works will be carried out under one single responsibility contract.
3.National Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: One-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from countries as described in the Bidding Document.
4.Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
- Minimum average annual construction turnover of NZ$4.0M
- Participation in at least two contracts that have been successfully or substantially completed within the last 5 years and that are similar to the proposed works, where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds NZ$1.3M.
5.To obtain further information and obtain an electronic copy of the bidding documents, eligible bidders should contact:
Attention: Tangi Tereapii
Street Address: Vakatini Road
City: Avarua, Rarotonga
ZIP Code: 0000
Country: Cook Islands
Telephone: 682 29300
Electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
6.To purchase a (single) hard copy of the bidding documents in English, eligible bidders should:
- Write to the address above requesting the bidding documents for CIRESP-004: 161719: Civil Works for Renewable Energy Power Stations on Atiu, Mangaia, Mauke and Mitiaro under Cook Islands Renewable Energy Sector Project (COO46453-002) Phase 1
- Pay a non-refundable fee of 200 New Zealand Dollars by cash or transfer through a bank account.
The Bank account of the Employer:
- Name of Bank: Bank of the South Pacific
- Swift: BOSPCKCR
- In favor of: CIG Public Account
- Account No.: 0127107401
7.A pre-bid meeting will be held at the Office of Prime Minister, Renewable Energy Development Division, on Monday,9 January, 2016, at 11:00 am.
8.Deliver your bid:
- to the address above
- on or before 27 January 2017, 12:00 midday (Cook Island Time)
- together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend. Late bids will be rejected.
Download Invitation for Bids below: