OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER
Government Of the Cook Islands
Invitation for Bids
Date: 12 September 2016 (Cook Island Time)
Loan no. and Title: L3193-COO Cook Islands Renewable Energy Sector Project
Contract no. and Title: Rarotonga Battery Energy Storage System under Cook Islands Renewable Energy Sector Project (COO46453-002) – Phase 2 (Rarotonga)
Deadline for Submission of Bids: 20 October 2016, 12:00 midday (Cook Island Time)
- The Government of the Cook Islands has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB), European Union (EU) and Global Environmental Fund (GEF) toward the cost of the Renewable Energy Sector Project. This contract will be financed by Global Environmental Fund (GEF) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) will administer the co-financing resources. Procurement rules and procedures of ADB will govern the bidding process. The Bid is open to all Bidders without nationality restriction.
- The Office of Prime Minister, Government of Cook Islands (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the design, construction, installation, integration in the existing power system infrastructure and commission of renewable energy facilities (“the Facilities”) as shown below:
(i) A battery energy storage system (BESS) to be installed at the Te Mana Ra Solar PV facility,on the island of Rarotonga and connected to the electricity grid. The BESS is intended to provide increased flexibility for the electricity utility Te Aponga Uira (TAU) to manage the output of increasing capacity of renewable generation in the grid.
(ii) The BESS shall provide and include
- a fully integrated, modular system, suitable for extended service in local conditions
- usable storage capacity of 4 MWh
- capability to charge and discharge at 1 MW
- high voltage (11 kV) electrical connection to the grid.
- International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: One-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to Bidders from all countries as described in the Bidding Document.
- To obtain further information and obtain an electronic copy of the bidding documents, eligible bidders should contact:
Attention: Tangi Tereapii
Street Address: Vakatini Road
City: Avarua, Rarotonga
ZIP Code: 0000
Country: Cook Islands
Telephone: 682 29300
Electronic mail address: tangi [dot] tereapii [at] cookislands [dot] gov [dot] ck
- To purchase a (single) hard copy of the bidding documents in English, eligible Bidders should:
- Write to the address above requesting the bidding documents for Rarotonga Battery Energy Storage System under Cook Islands Renewable Energy Sector Project (COO46453-002) – Phase 2 (Rarotonga)
- Pay a non-refundable fee of 100 New Zealand Dollars by cash or transfer through a bank account.
The Bank account of the Employer:
- Name of Bank: Bank of the South Pacific
- Swift: BOSPCKCR
- In favor of: CIG Public Account
- Account No.: 0127107401
- Pre-bid meeting will be held at the Office of Prime Minister, Renewable Energy Development Division, on Monday, 19 September, 2016, at 11:00 am.
- Deliver your bid:
- to the address above
- on or before 24 October 2016, 12:00 Noon (Cook Island Time)
- together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document
- Electronic submission of bid is not permitted.
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend. Late bids will be rejected.